Wednesday 16 November 2011

My new layout

G'day all,

I have just moved into a new house and am planning a new layout called Wang. I just discovered this blogging thing and how easy it is so I've decided to share this story with anyones who's interested.  Maybe a little bit about myself would be nice, so I'm a 41yr old single dad and have been modelling since I was given a train set when I was about 5. I stopped while I was in high school cause girls distracted me, but have been modelling ever since. I model N.S.W steam in the 40 & 50's, so mainly steam, in HO Scale. I use to be a member of the Warrimoo Model railway club. I have built about 5 or 6 layouts but none have gotten to the scenic stage. Here are some photos of my previous layout.




my first attempt at scenery


Wang is based on the line from Wallerawang to Tarana and the branch line to Oberon. The branch will climb up to a second level and will include both stations, Carlwood and Hazelgrove. Wang will be based on Wallerawang but will have a loco depot and a few extra sidings for some added shunting. I have designed the shed and the layout, (plans of which I'll post in the future) but as I can't start looking for work til next year it may take a while for the layout to begin. Until then, I'll be building more kits and finishing off the ones I have. I also have a 75' turntable which I'm scratchbuilding


I need more practice soldering


Well I guess that's it for my first post. I hope you enjoy my journey. Stayed tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment